Spend this summer serving, encouraging, and discipling Summer Staff volunteersApply Now
The Summer Intern position is a highly relational role. Summer Interns will interact with campers, rotate through weekly positions at camp, and intentionally engage in the lives of Summer Staff. Their primary responsibility will be building relationships with each of the young men and women in their respective dorms and small groups. This includes leading devotions, working in the kitchen, and just having fun together!
The Summer Interns are a small group of quality people that Summer Staff will look to for godly advice and discipleship. Their willingness to ask hard questions, lend a listening ear, and provide a non-anxious, influencing presence are paramount in this ministry.
We hope and pray that Summer Interns will become rooted in Truth and Love. Every experience, relationship, and transfer of responsibility is designed with the hope that they would leave Bighorn prepared to step into future leadership roles, confident of their ability to serve the Lord and influence His Kingdom.
Summer Interns must...
- Be at least 18 years old, or have graduated High School by June of 2020
- Have a strong faith, be rooted in God’s Word and have a willingness to use that faith to change the world
- Have a love and passion for God and others, both inside and outside the Christian faith
- Have a willingness to live, engage, and lead a tight community of young adults within a dorm and work environment
- Have a strong understanding of the Bighorn discipleship process, and desire to live both as a mentee and mentor in this process
- Have prior Bighorn summer experience OR another strong work equivalent
June 1 - August 18
All interns are asked to attend one week of intern training (June 1-5) and two weeks of staff training (June 5-17). Interns are asked to stay through the end of the summer retreat (August 16-18).
Availability for all of summer is a key component in considering who to accept on the first wave, and who to place on the waitlist. If you are not available for the full length of the summer season, please include a request under the 'Availability' section of the application. Requests are considered on a case by case basis.
Each Summer Intern will receive a stipend of $1,000, to be given at the conclusion of the summer. Camp Bighorn understands and values the time and energy you are giving this summer, and we recognize that there are other paid summer jobs you could consider.
In addition to the $1,000 stipend, Summer Interns also have the option to fundraise additional support. Just as God has invited you to partner with Him in ministry, you get to invite people to join you!
We encourage you to build a team of people who will pray for your ministry and support you financially. Just as full-time missionaries raise monthly support, you are a summer missionary raising funds to cover your summer of ministry. Support raising is a great way to surround yourself with people to encourage you and celebrate how God works. Remember, God loves to give abundantly!
- Completed Application
- A recent picture attached to the application or sent in digitally.
- Signature on Bighorn’s Statement of faith, Staff Policies, Staff Commitment Pledge
- Medical and Liability Release Form (www.campbighorn.com/summer-staff)
- 3 References – Please send in with your application OR ask references to send them in personally