Those who receive as much as they giveApply Now
Applications for Summer 2023 are available now!
Want to serve at Camp Bighorn but can’t commit to an entire summer? Volunteering may be the option you are looking for! Students, families, or retired couples are common members of our summer volunteer team, serving for one to eight weeks. You may find yourself serving in the kitchen or dish crew, helping with our grounds crew or custodial work, and shuttling students around as a driver. If you are ready to be challenged and blessed in an environment of service, we encourage you to apply. Click the link below to apply or download a printable version!
• All meals are provided free of charge, and lodging may also be available
• Your time serving will be full, but it will also be fun. In addition to being able to get to know and spend time with other volunteers and staff, you will be able to hike and explore the grounds, attend staff devotionals, enjoy God’s beautiful creation, and potentially jump in on an adventure that camp has to offer. This will be an amazing time that you won’t want to end!
• Volunteer for one to eight weeks
• Desire to help fulfill Camp Bighorn’s mission “to embody the love of Jesus and develop Christ honoring leaders”
• Desire to live and grow as a godly example in ministry
• Be able to accept responsibility and to submit to authority
• Be a positive contribution to the staff team both in attitude and performance
• Embrace and live out Camp Bighorn’s values of loving God and loving others
• Able to work hard and stay flexible to accommodate change
• Read and agree to live by the Volunteer Staff Policies, Mission Statement, and Doctrinal Position during your time at Camp Bighorn
• Be 15 years or older*
*Because there will be unsupervised downtime throughout the week, anyone 17 years of age or younger is required to have a parent or guardian come serve at Bighorn at the same time.
**Please note: A criminal background check is required on an annual basis for those 18 years of age or older (at time of application) to be considered for any position. Drivers must also submit to a motor vehicle background check.
1. Read the application thoroughly and answer every question.
2. Sign the Camp Bighorn Statement of Faith, Staff Policies, and Staff Commitment Pledge in the application.
3. Provide your reference with a link to the Summer Reference Form (emailed to you after submitting your application).
4. Prepare for a follow-up email to schedule a phone interview.